For my Instagram ladies – here are the recipes I mentioned in the post a week ago. So sorry I’m behind! We had a bad storm on the 4th and my car was hit by a large tree branch. What we thought was just cosmetic damage has turned out to also include a cracked radiator – I bet you can only imagine how fun this has been 😉 Sometimes I hesitate to share the negative items that are going on in life because it’s not like reading about infertility is the most uplifting topic and adding to it can make for quite the depressing post. But I refuse to pretend that it’s all rainbows and unicorns outside of this diagnosis. Life happens and it’s all in how you deal with it. Now onto the original post that was started last week….
I first tasted this dip at a BBQ at a cousin’s house. I’m sure this recipe is floating somewhere on the internet but I have no idea what it is called. It does not look the prettiest but it tastes delicious!
1) Brown the sausage in pan over medium heat. Drain off the fat.
2) Whilte the sausage is cooking, put the cream cheese and Rotel in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 40 seconds. This will soften the cream cheese.
3) Add the sausage into the bowl and mix thoroughly.
Enjoy! It’s a simple recipe that is always a hit. If it cools down too much, you can pop it into the microwave or oven to heat it back up.
Berry Swirl Cake
I first found this Kraft Strawberry Swirl Recipe a few years ago when searching for a cake with a light icing to mke during summer. I’ve made some small changes as I’ve made this each time:
– The recipe calls to put the regular cake mix and strawberry cake mix half and half in the pan. I found that too difficult so I put the regular cake mix in and “plop” the strawberry mix in on top. Then I swirl with a fork.
– For the icing, I use 1/2 cup of sour cream instead of the 2/3 cup called for in the recipe.
– I use blueberries, rasberries, and strawberries instead of just strawberries.
Hope everyone had a great long holiday weekend and easy week back into work after!